Our Environmental Policy
Vectaire Ltd is a manufacturer and distributor of air movement products. As a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, we acknowledge the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of Vectaire is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna;
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community;
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts;
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures;
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner;
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
Vectaire will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations. As part of the Vectaire commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that Vectaire will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO14001.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
Vectaire will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective prevention and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The Directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure continual improvement and that they remain current and applicable to Vectaire activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors who give their full support to the implementation of the policy.